If you are looking to recruit or to make a career change, there are a number of resources that can help depending upon whether:
For individuals, we suggest that you have a look at Reed’s Career Guides and Career Advice - as well as CV-Library’s Career Advice - browse the courses on offer in areas that you think could interest you - and then look at the jobs available in those sectors.
For both companies and individuals, check out what salaries can be expected be for a particular positions at Reed’s UK Average Salary Checker.
A rich source of talent can be found at:
CV-Library, the UK's largest independent job board, with hundreds of thousands of live vacancies from all industries nationwide available to search! "Register your CV to start applying today. With simple search tools and instant job matches delivered to your inbox, it's never been easier to land a new job with CV-Library."
If you are looking for freelancers, then it may be worth checking with the following:
Bidvine: Covering over 400 professional services across the UK, Bidvine’s purpose is to connect you with customers that are a great match for what you do. Using an app, each customer is asked a series of service-specific questions to determine what work they need doing. If it’s the sort of thing you can help with, the lead is sent your way, and you can send a custom bid for the work.
Elevate: For the IT contractor crowd, Elevate will cut out the recruiters and place you with the best clients quickly and easily - and with no finder’s fee carved out of your day rate, you’ll probably end up earning more. Upload your CV and receive job matches automatically.
Fiverr: "Find high-quality services at every price point. No hourly rates, just project-based pricing. Find the right freelancer to begin working on your project within minutes. Always know what you'll pay upfront. Your payment isn't released until you approve the work.”
Upwork: "Post your job on the world’s work marketplace and wait for the proposals to flood in from talented people around the world. Our advanced algorithms help you shortlist candidates who are the best fit. And you can check profiles, portfolios, and reviews before you give someone the green light.”
YunoJuno: YunoJuno is a popular option on the freelance job site scene and offers high-quality jobs from high-quality clients. A great option for the design and creative crowd, the site promises to (in their words) “cut through the freelancer recruitment forest with a sharp angry axe”.
If you want to work on a freelance basis, to land the juiciest contracts, you have to specialise. You’ll need to find the best freelance job sites in your niche. Remember that in many sections you’ll be competing globally; what’s a decent fee in Mumbai may not be so attractive if you live in Edinburgh.
Your temporary staffing requirements may be best satisfied by contracting with an interim management provider. The field of interim management revolves around the temporary provision of management resources and skills. The services of interim managers range across all functions, from management, finance, operations, supply chain, to legal or HR, among others, and span all industrial sectors.
Data shows that the average daily rate of interim managers in 2018 was £740.
According to an estimate by the Institute of Interim Management (IIM)– the professional membership body for practitioners of interim management in the UK – the UK has over 1,000 firms that provide interim management brokering services, boasting a combined network of thousands of interim managers. However, the Top 30 rated by the IIM in 2018 were:1
1 Interim Partners: Multiple Business Functions.
2. Eton Bridge Partners: Multiple Business Functions.
3. Practicus: Our purpose is to help people manage change.
4. Penna: Focus on Public Sector Finance and HR.
5. Odgers Interim: Multiple Business Functions.
6. Wilton-Bain: Multiple Business Functions.
7. Solace In Business: Public Sector
8. Hunter Healthcare: Healthcare.
9. Green Park: Multiple Business Functions.
10. B2E Consulting: Multiple Business Functions.
11. Boyden: Multiple Business Functions.
12. Savannah: Multiple Business Functions.
13. BIE: Multiple Business Functions.
14. Allen Lane: Public & Not-For-Profit Sector.
15. Ameo: Reorganisation & Transformation Specialists.
16. Greenwell Gleeson: Accountancy & Finance.
17. Holdsway: Multiple Business Functions.
18. Kingsley Search & Interim: HR & Finance.
19. Osprey Clarke: Multiple Business Functions.
20. La Fosse: High Growth & Transformation.
21. Matrix Interim Management: Strategic Level and Transformation & Change.
22. Investigo: Multiple Business Functions.
23. Stanton House: Professional Services & Technology.
24. Gatenby Sanderson: Government, Health, Housing, Not for Profit.
25. Veredus: Multiple Business Functions.
26. Langley Search & Interim: Procurement & Supply Chain Specialists.
27. Badenoch & Clark: Multiple Business Functions.
28. Marble Hill Partners: Private Equity Backed Businesses.
29. Morgan Law: Multiple Business Functions.
30. Impact Executives: Multiple Business Functions.
If you are looking to recruit someone, then we suggest taking a look at: Reed Recruitment who claim to be the UK’s busiest website with tens of thousands of clients and millions of CVs.